"And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys." (2 Kings 2:24).

Don't mess with a man of God :)

12/22/10

My Lazy Life.

I feel really ashamed at myself right now. I have been a lazy person for a long time, and I am starting to regret it... A LOT. You know Matthew 25:14-30, the parable of the talents? Yeh, well I am the third guy. Not only am I slothful, but I am wicked. A lazy lifestyle leads to the outer darkness, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matt 25:30). Not that the sin of slothfulness is enough to cause someone to lose their salvation, but if a person is in that life of laziness, they must question if they are really saved... which is what I am doing right now.

Anyway, this is a poem I wrote a while ago. It has always disturbed me because, not only does it portray an ugly person, but it portrays me.


Where Did It Go?

Oh, how we were once called for greatness!
Called to shine, with glorified bodies, kneeling before the throne.
With respect, honour and righteousness as our three best friends,
And when faced with rebuke, an entire nation who will defend.
But now we continue to grow old, fat and weak
Stocking up on enough lies to feed a family for a year.
When did we get so comfortable?
When did we get so complacent?
Why have I sat on this couch for so long,
That the seat became moulded to my behind,
As I watched my life pass me by,
On a screen of nothing but static sex?
Oh, I bet that fiend is pointing and laughing at us,
Somewhere beyond that screen of sin.
He says "Look! God come, just look!
Ha! You think that THIS man can ruin MY plans?
That sweaty, obese, bitter old man?
He has a beer in one hand and last night’s pizza in the other,
While he picks up some stale chocolate with his feet!
God, your soldiers don't even fit in their armour anymore."
Oh, how we were called...
Did we not hear it?
Did we forget it?
Did we have more important things to do?
Did we have tomorrow as a choice?
Did we want our own will?
Did we want our own pride?
Did we want our own material possessions where we thought we could run away and hide?
I tell you now;
Analyse yourself… critically.
Be refined.
For there is no place in God’s army for those who will not hear, listen or do.
God is calling you,
But, I tell you now;
He will only choose a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment